Large Helicopter OEM Chooses RedViking
One of the world’s largest helicopter OEMs needed a test bench for an intermediate and tail rotor gearbox. Flexibility for future transmissions and gearboxes needed to be designed into the new stands, and the test executive had to be user-friendly and uniform across multiple systems. They needed a partner who could provide not only the test stands but all of the project management and integration for this international project. Critical to the decision to choose RedViking was the fact that we have been designing and building powertrain test systems for decades, and that we are providing similar systems for the largest U.S. military helicopter maintenance and repair operation. Our record of success made us the right choice.
RedViking designed a multi-model IGB/TG test stands with Vsync™ dynamic component testing software, project management, and integration. These helicopter dynamic component testing systems provided unprecedented levels of flexibility, data quality, operator safety, and energy efficiency.
- Turnkey Test Stands: All Design, Build, and Integration
- Accurate, Repeatable Data Acquisition for Advanced Analysis
- Flexible Design to Accommodate Multiple Test Articles on a Single Test Stand
- Common Sub-Systems to Reduce Procurement, Lifecycle Costs, and Simplify Operator Training
- Patented Geared Cartridge Spindles for High-Speed Testing From Primary Gearboxes
- Electrical or Mechanical Regeneration for Sustainability
- Established Technologies and Proven Components
- Adaptable Design with Minimal Retooling for Future Products Under Test
- Ergonomic and Safe for Operator Protection
- Consistent HMI and Data Interface Across Multiple Test Systems for Simplified Training and Updates
Custom Designed, Highly Engineered Gearboxes
RedViking designs and builds gearboxes specific to each customer’s requirements. We follow a rigorous 12-step process in gearbox design and manufacture to ensure that our test benches perform optimally with minimal maintenance. We build the gearboxes that we ourselves want to own – durable, reliable, and easy to maintain. Our process for highly engineered gearbox design is outlined in this article in Aerospace Manufacturing and Design.
Equipment for Aerospace Manufacturing, Assembly, and Test
You can be confident in our expertise because we design and build systems for some of the world’s largest aerospace companies and military bases. Our projects cover a wide variety of aerospace requirements, from process engineering to complete turn-key aerospace equipment assembly lines.