Crain’s Business Recognizes RedViking 3rd Year in a Row
RedViking was recently named as one of the 2018 Cool Places to Work in Michigan for a third consecutive year. The awards program was created in 2012 and is a project of Crain Content Studio, the marketing storytelling arm of Crain’s Detroit Business, and Best Companies Group.
This statewide survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Michigan, benefiting the state’s economy, its workforce and businesses. The 2018 Cool Places to Work in Michigan list is made up of 100 companies in three size categories: small (15-49 U.S. employees), medium (50-249 U.S. employees) and large (250+ U.S. employees).
To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
– Have at least 15 employees working in Michigan;
– Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity;
– Be a publicly or privately held business;
– Have a facility in the state of Michigan; and
– Must be in business a minimum of 1 year.
Companies from across the state entered the two-part process to determine the Cool Places to Work in Michigan. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. This part of the process was worth approximately 75% of the total evaluation. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final rankings. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process in Michigan and also analyzed the data and used their expertise to determine the final rankings.
What our employees wrote about us
Here’s what some of RedViking’s employees had to say about what makes us a cool place to work:
- “We design and build custom high power gearboxes, so it is a very challenging and rewarding place to be an engineer.”
- “There is a very strong sense of “team” here. I have worked with other companies that give a lot of lip service about teams and teamwork, but I never felt the camaraderie or that we were all pulling for the same goal. At RedViking, I definitely feel like I am part of a team, my voice is heard and we are all here supporting and helping each other.”
- “The organization is open with all business communication. They provide a great benefit package, comparable salary ranges, and a welcoming culture for all new employees.”
Focus on wellness and education
As a Best and Brightest in Wellness Winner for Michigan in 2016 & 2017, RedViking’s focus is to improve the quality of work environment for their employees by including:
- Onsite wellness classes, coaching, gym lockers and showers
- Biking, running and walking clubs with events built in to the employee workday
- Internal competitions, like foosball, euchre, ping pong, horseshoes and batting (we have our own horseshoe pits and batting cage)
- Company social events, like a family picnic and holiday party
- 401k matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite career training for engineers and project managers
- Paid volunteer days
Hear it from our employees
Here’s a video of our employees talking about what they like about working for RedViking. It’s essentially the kind of work and the people who work here. The other perks make it even better.
You can learn about all the winners on the Crain’s announcement.
RedViking is hiring! Check out our current job openings at www.redviking.com/careers, and know that we’re always on the lookout for great engineering talent.