Are you ready to leverage new technology to make things better, faster and less expensive? We are expanding our software team!
For over 30 years, RedViking has applied unparalleled expertise in leading-edge technologies and custom software to solve complex problems for our manufacturing and testing customers that others can’t or won’t.
What you will do: You will be a key member of our Argonaut software team whose mission is to build impactful software for the manufacturing environment. You will work with our own exciting new platform Argonaut facilitating a variety of manufacturing applications such as tracking and traceability, error proofing and ERP/PLM integration to the plant floor. You will apply your experience in programming and development across a broad spectrum of turn-key projects including data acquisition and system integration for our Fortune 500 customers. The Argonaut application is based around a core service and related micro-services. You will routinely develop solutions build with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications, backed by a PostgreSQL back-end. This role is specifically focused on database DevOps and architecture and will drive best practices in database versioning, updates, and deployment for commercial grade solutions. For current projects, our main environment is Node.js, using Angular.js or Vue.js for our front-end. Supporting services and related projects are written in Go, Python and Java. In this role, you will be involved in every element of each project from concept, design, programming, testing, deployment and support phases.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience Leading development and architecture of RDBMS solutions including design, development, DevOps, and production support, all in a private/public cloud environment
- Knowledge of database design patterns and best practices for robust, highly available, high transaction OLTP database solutions
- Experience and general understanding of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence architectural patterns across domains; on premises, private cloud, public cloud
- Ability to support, diagnose, and resolve/optimize production database performance issues
- Design and architecture experience with PostgreSQL RDBMS is highly preferred. Equivalent experience with MS SQL and/or Oracle is acceptable
- 5-7 years of general development experience, familiarity with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) a plus
- A strong desire to learn new technologies
- Experience building modern web-based applications
- Proficiency with/or a subset of the following: OpenAPI (Swagger), PostgreSQL, Node.js, Angular.js, Vue.js, Go, Python, Java
- Experience with SCRUM, Agile, and/or XP development methodologies
- Proficiency with version control tools such as GitLab required
- Previous experience with CI/CD tools desired
- Basic Containerization skills focusing on Docker for test and deployment is required
- Experience with container orchestration and management tools such as Docker Swarms or Kubernetes preferred
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems (SAP or other) preferred
- PLC platform controls systems experience with Siemens, Allen-Bradley or CNC, a plus
- Knowledge of HMI/SCADA systems or other industrial hardware preferred
- Willingness to take on what’s needed to help the team and the company meet objectives