Are you ready to leverage new technology? We are expanding our software team!
What you will do: You will be a key member of our Argonaut software team whose mission is to engineer our powerful Argonaut® MES (Manufacturing Execution System) platform as well as fully-customized software solutions for the manufacturing sector. You will work on novel and innovative projects and contribute to the engineering capability of a dynamic software engineering team.
The Argonaut® application is designed to leverage a modular architecture to enable federated and extensible application support through core services and related micro-services. You will routinely develop solutions build with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications or Hasura-powered GraphQL API, and backed by a PostgreSQL back-end. For current projects, our main environment is Node.js, using Angular.js or Vue.js for our front-end. Supporting services and related projects are written in Go, Python and Java. In this role, you will have ownership of projects through the entire Software Development Life Cycle, from concept through production support.
We Are Looking For:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of general software development experience; service-oriented backend, front-end UI/UX, multi-framework experience is desired
- Proficiency with/or a subset of the following: Hasura GraphQL, Vue.js, Node.js, Angular.js, Go, Python, Java, OpenAPI (Swagger)
- Full-stack experience is optimal; you will contribute to and eventually own projects from concept to delivery
- Database Design and architecture experience with an RDBMS; optimally with PostgreSQL or MSSQL is highly preferred
- Experience providing technical solutions to the Manufacturing industry; specifically with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is a huge plus
- A strong desire to learn new technologies with a focus on mastering modern and integrating next-generation technologies into our stack
- Experience with SCRUM, Agile, and/or XP development methodologies
- Proficiency with version control tools such as GitLab required
- Previous experience with CI/CD configuration and execution is desired
- Experience with orchestration/automation tools such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Rancher, Ansible highly desired
- Experience with Containerization and Docker is required
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems (SAP or other) is preferred
- Operating in the manufacturing industry, experience with PLC platform controls systems such as Siemens, Allen-Bradley, OPCUA huge plus
- Minimal travel (< 10%)
- Willingness to tackle novel challenges and contribute to the growth and success of the team is a must