- This position will be responsible for examining the contents and comparing them with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify the accuracy of the incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Preparing documents such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Recording shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability and damages and discrepancies for reporting, accounting, and record keeping.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures. routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping.
- Confer and correspond with purchasing to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Must have a valid drivers license and evidence of insurability
- Forklift certificate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or equivalent