RedViking is looking for a skilled engineer that is looking to take a leadership role by helping other RedViking engineers grow more capable with robotic automation. The Robotic Engineer will help provide project-based, “Cradle to Grave” design, development, testing, and implementation of robots in an automated manufacturing environment. Here at RedViking, we design and build custom equipment used in the Automotive, Commercial, and Aerospace industries that assists our customer’s in the assembly and testing of their products. This position will be responsible for working with the project team to properly integrate a robot into the overall project design.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical discipline or equivalent experience in technical design on complex custom industrial equipment.
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience in high technology or advanced technical engineering expertise.
- Engineering expertise in sizing robots for payload and reach, performing reach and timing studies, programming and troubleshooting robots, develop integrated vision systems to be used with the robot, create simulations of the robot cells, configure master/slave robots using industrial networks such as Ethernet IP or ProfiNet and have knowledge and experience with RIA 15.06 robotic safety standards.
- Experience with Fanuc or Kawasaki robots (Fanuc preferred).
- Ability and willingness to mentor, teach and develop other engineer’s robot capabilities.
- Some manufacturing plant floor experience required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally approximately 30%.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position.
Our employees are front and center. We have little to no turnover and attribute our ability to retain employees on a culture devoted to innovation and transparency. With regular open book and town hall meetings, our leadership makes sure that everyone is on the same page about the company’s purpose, strategy, values, and goals. RedViking gives back by not only making sure manufacturing jobs stay in America but also taking care of our community with paid time off to volunteer. We balance hard work with a laid-back work environment that includes chili cook-offs, pancake breakfasts, company picnic, holiday parties, wellness programs and classes. Simply said, our employees like it here. Be a part of our winning team and culture.
We take care of our employees! We offer excellent insurance options including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage as well as flexible health and dependent care accounts, Health Savings Account, generous PTO, 401K match, bonus eligibility, extended hours and travel compensation, tuition reimbursement, and employee referral bonus plan. Fridays are casual; we have an on-site cafe`, dry cleaning, workout facility and game room.
Best and Brightest in Wellness Winner - Crain's Cool Places to Work Winner - Engineering Leaders < 40