RedViking is a leader in the helicopter testing industry. We are expanding our Dynamic Test Systems Proposal and Estimation team.
In this role, you will be a crucial link with our customers, sales and engineering team as you provide a ‘best approach’ for technical proposals and cost supporting highly engineered, custom test machinery.
What you will do: You will work on a variety of projects such as helicopter powertrain test stands, dynamic component test systems, custom gearboxes, helicopter blade balance stands-whirl towers, dynamic testing software integration, and other custom test solutions.
You will identify and gather all required customer data and specs to architect complex custom machines and test systems at a very high level. Create a proposal document that describes our custom test solution and provides a cost estimate which is efficient and competitive in today’s marketplace.
Once the project is secured, you will be responsible to kick-off and handoff the project to a dedicated project team. This role provides direction and technical oversight to the project team based on the technical and financial details from the cost estimate and proposal. Extensive knowledge of design and manufacturing process for capital test equipment and/or powertrain systems is desired.
What we are looking for:
- Technical degree, ME/EE preferred
- 3+ years of experience with technical proposal writing and cost estimating in an industrial, manufacturing, automation, or custom capital equipment environment and across multiple industries
- High technical aptitude and ability to create and describe complex systems and machines at a concept level
- Excellent technical writing skills as well as overall written and verbal communication and ability to communicate effectively with customers, and at all levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, set priorities, and manage time
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20%
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position