Do you have the personality to be a crucial link between customers, sales, and engineering?
We have created a new role for an Applications Engineer to provide a ‘best approach’ for technical proposal and cost estimating supporting highly-engineered custom test solutions.
What you will do: Within our Dynamic Test Systems division, you will identify and gather all required customer data and specs to architect, complex machines and systems at a very high level. You will also architect, describe, price, and direct highly technical test system projects at a concept level. You will work on a variety of projects such as helicopter powertrain test stands, dynamic component test systems, custom gearboxes, helicopter blade balance stands-whirl towers, dynamic testing software integration, and other test systems.
Other responsibilities: Cost estimate and describe projects in the form of a proposal document. Once the project is secured, you will be responsible to kick-off and handoff the project to a dedicated project team. This role provides direction and technical oversight to the project team based on the technical and financial details from cost estimate and proposal. This individual will work both in-office and remote.
What we are looking for:
- Technical degree, ME/EE preferred
- 3+ years of experience with technical proposal writing and cost estimating in an industrial, manufacturing, automation, or custom capital equipment environment and across multiple industries
- High technical aptitude and ability to create and describe complex systems and machines at a concept level
- Excellent technical writing skills as well as overall written and verbal communication and ability to communicate effectively with customers, and at all levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, set priorities, and manage time
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20%
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position