We are looking for a Project Manager that “owns” their work and leads, advocates and influences until successful completion.
We have an impressive client base that trusts us to deliver creative technical solutions no one else is engineering. Our customers are some of the largest in aerospace, defense, automotive, heavy equipment and more.
Your day-to-day: Oversee custom engineered projects for some of the world’s largest manufacturers which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. You will be responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire live cycle from original concept through final implementation. You will interface with all levels of our organization as well as our customers, distributors and vendors to ensure adherence to quality standards, and final project deliverables. We are looking for a strategic thinker that will engage the project team assigning responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing a schedule to ensure timely completion of projects.
What we are looking for:
- Technical degree, preferably engineering or equivalent experience in technical design and execution on complex custom equipment projects, PMP a plus
- Several years of PM experience in high-technology or advanced capital equipment design, build and installation including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, testing, and quality
- Experience in the management, control and development of budgets, scopes of work, personnel, scheduling and material resources in complex organizational environments required
- Experience supervising technical professionals is a must as this person will work very closely with a team of Project Engineers, Staff Engineers and manufacturing support
- Strong influence-management, negotiation, leadership, and assertiveness skills necessary
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, executive management, project managers and support staff
- Strong presentation development skills, with an ability to produce high-quality deliverables on all aspects of the project created through collaborations, presentations and briefings as well as solid record-keeping skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 17025 or equivalent quality standards preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future