Big Challenges Need Bold Solutions and Talented Engineers
What you will do: We have created several positions for entry-level, mid-career, and senior-level Mechanical Engineers to work on a variety of custom Aerospace and Defense projects. In SolidWorks, you will design Dynamic Test Systems such as drivetrain test stands, helicopter blade balance stands/whirl towers, component test systems, gearboxes and more! You will work with a talented multi-disciplinary technical team throughout the life of the project to ensure success.
More about the job: In this role, you will participate in team meetings to collaboratively identify requirements, specifications and key timelines. Your role will require you to apply design principles and formulas in SolidWorks, perform analysis of mechanical systems, as well as explain and justify design decisions using engineering data. You will collaborate with our dedicated mechanical build team as systems are made and also provide input with the procurement of components. Travel is approximately 10%. We know what it takes to get an engineering job well done, we will help balance your workload with generous down-time. Relocation assistance provided.
- Several years of mechanical design and analysis experience
- SolidWorks and SolidWorks FEA simulation experience a must
- Experience designing custom machines
- Experience designing high speed, high torque, rotating equipment, splines, gears and related for laboratory and/or production equipment
- Strong understanding and use of GD&T and manufacturing processes
- Ability to travel approximately 10% both domestically and internationally
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future