Ready to design Custom Manufacturing and Assembly Solutions for the future?
Everything we do is project-based and our customers are leaders in Automotive, Aerospace, Heavy Equipment, Defense, Electric Transportation, Solar, and other exciting industries. You will not design the same thing every day.
This Opportunity: Mechanical Design of custom automated assembly solutions for cars, jet engines, off-highway vehicle producers and more. Participate in team customer meetings to identify project and customer requirements, specs, timelines and expectations. Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, detailers and checkers to complete the development of designs. Apply engineering principles and formulas to your designs and explain and justify design decisions using engineering data. Specify and size mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment required for each application and collaborate with our mechanical build team as systems are built. Select and act as the primary point of contact with external vendors and track vendor requirements and specifications. We are looking for an innovative thinker that will design and detail for in-house manufacturing as well as create conceptual designs and work with outside vendors to fulfill final design and manufacturing.
What we are looking for:
- BSME or in a related field or 10+ years’ experience in a related engineering field
- 5+ years of experience designing automation/production equipment or custom machine design with SolidWorks and Simulation FEA required
- Experience with robotics, EOAT and sizing of pneumatic/hydraulic components
- Design for manufacturability experience preferred
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to travel to customer site on occasion if necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, upper management, and staff
- Must have appropriate flexibility, sense of urgency, motivation and versatility to make a substantial contribution to the team’s success and work “above and beyond” in order to meet company goals
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future