For 40 years, RedViking has been winning with the world’s largest in Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Heavy Equipment, and other exciting industries.
Our success starts with our employees. We look for strategic thinkers and self-starters committed to innovation. Our engineers don’t want to just work on what’s next, they go beyond and define it.
When you join RedViking, you will become a member of a multi-disciplined technical team driven by bold and innovative custom solutions for global leaders across different fields and industries. You will work on a variety of projects, from start to finish, as well as the latest technology as we help transform manufacturing and bring value to our customers. That means working on cool projects such as helicopter test systems, jet engine assembly lines, battery-free AGVs, solar and electric transportation, and leading-edge factory software to name a few. Ready to help define what’s next?
We offer a flexible, creative work environment and value personal and professional growth. Premium low-cost BCBS health benefits are provided as well as generous paid time off, 401k match, discretionary bonus, and other great benefits. Check us out at RedViking.com!
We are looking for SolidWorks designers to work on custom projects that turn complex ideas into functional practical solutions for our customers.
- You will design and develop custom manufacturing and assembly solutions, dynamic test systems, machinery, AGV’s and other custom solutions for manufacturing leaders.
- Collaborate with our team of designers, engineers and project managers to bring ideas to life and deliver results that meet our customers’ unique needs.
- You will participate in team and customer meetings to identify project and customer requirements, specs, timelines and expectations.
- Be ready to apply engineering principles and formulas to your designs, and explain and justify design decisions using engineering data.
- Additional responsibilities include specifying and sizing mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment required for each application and collaborating with our mechanical build team as systems are built.
- Everything we do is custom - you will not design the same thing every day!
What we are looking for:
- BSME or in a related field or comparable experience
- Several years of SolidWorks and SolidWorks FEA
- Prior experience designing custom automation machinery or heavy equipment
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and materials
- Strong GD&T skills
- MS Word and Excel skills
- Able to work well independently and also as part of a team including with customers and vendors
- Able to travel up to 10% if necessary based on project and customer requirements
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future