Ready to design and develop Custom Manufacturing Solutions using top-of-the-line technology for leaders in Automotive, Aerospace, Heavy Equipment, Defense and other exciting industries?
Everything we do is project-based and custom. You will not design the same thing every day.
About Us: RedViking is based in Plymouth, Michigan. For almost 40 years, we have been providing Bold Engineering solutions no one else has. We are made up of smart individuals dedicated to solving tough engineering problems such as designing, building and implementing custom manufacturing and assembly solutions, dynamic test systems, custom machinery and manufacturing operational intelligence. Our owners are engineers who understand what it takes to do the work and our customers are some of the world’s largest in Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Heavy Equipment and more. Our employees are front and center. Current openings reflect additional headcount to accommodate robust growth with additional projects, customers, and markets. Check us out at RedViking.com
This Opportunity: Within our Manufacturing Solutions Division, you will participate in team/customer meetings to identify project and customer requirements, specifications, timelines and expectations. You will collaborate with a small team of talented SolidWorks engineers, designers, detailers and checkers to complete the development of designs. Apply engineering principles and formulas to your designs and explain and justify design decisions using engineering data. Additional responsibilities include specifying and sizing mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment required for each application and collaborating with our mechanical build team as systems are built.
What we are looking for:
- BSME or in a related field or comparable experience
- Several years of SolidWorks and SolidWorks FEA
- Experience designing custom automation machinery or heavy equipment
- Strong GD&T skills
- MS Word and Excel skills
- Able to work well independently and also as part of a team including with customers and vendors
- Able to travel up to 10% if necessary based on project and customer requirements
- Must have appropriate flexibility, sense of urgency, motivation and versatility to make a substantial contribution to the team’s success and work above and beyond when needed to meet goals
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future