Our record of success has made us the right choice for some of the World’s Largest in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Assembly and Test
We have created a new role for a Mechanical Design and Analysis Subject Matter Expert (SME) to be part of our Dynamic Test Systems group supporting all projects. In this role, you will lead other designers with custom design projects such as drivetrain test stands, helicopter blade balance stands, whirl towers, component test systems, gearboxes and more. You will also lead the development of engineering standards, good practices, and tools to ensure that all machines are designed for manufacturability.
This position will put you front and center as a technical consultant for the Project Managers and mentor for the Engineering team. Collaborate with a talented multi-discipline technical team throughout the life of the project. You will also support the Applications Engineering team with proposals and concepts during the quoting phase. As SME you will review and approve the design elements of projects and participate in design reviews to evaluate requirements and identify any design issues. At times, you may be responsible for certain design elements that require a higher level of engineering due to complexity. Relocation benefits provided. Hybrid work schedule.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of mechanical design and analysis experience, preferably in a senior role
- Several years of experience with all aspects of dynamic test systems and rotor dynamics
- Proven track record of leading teams to successful project delivery
- Track record of improving team performance and work practice through team coaching
- Expertise with design analysis such as FEAs, Torsional Vibrations, Critical Speeds
- Experience with high speed, high torque, rotating equipment, splines, gears and related for laboratory and/or production equipment
- Experience using SolidWorks, SolidWorks FEA simulation, GD &T, KISSsoft, Dyrobes and other CAD/CAE software
- Ability to travel approximately 10% both domestically and internationally
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future