Our record of success has made us the right choice for some of the World’s Largest in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Assembly and Test
This is a new role within our Dynamic Test Systems Department supporting all business unit projects. You will work with the Project Engineer to ensure that designs meet customer specs functionally and with performance. The majority of the designs will be related to the powertrain of the rotary equipment that includes the design, selection and proper sizing of all components. You will apply engineering principles and formulas to designs and explain and justify design decisions using engineering data. You will also support the activities performed by the SME to properly analyze, validate and troubleshoot current designs and equipment. Work with the SME to provide high-tech analysis on new designs that include torsional vibration, critical speed, FEAs, efficiency calculations and related analytics. Hybrid schedule.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of mechanical design and analysis experience
- Experience using SolidWorks, SolidWorks FEA simulation, KISSsoft, Dyrobes and other CAD/CAE software
- Experience designing high-speed, high-torque, rotating equipment, splines, gears and related machines for laboratory and/or production equipment
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future