RedViking is a leader in MES. Our customers are Global Manufacturing Leaders who trust us to leverage the latest manufacturing technology and provide Best-in-Class Operational Intelligence Solutions that connect, monitor and optimize their manufacturing operations.
Our Operational Intelligence team has created a key role for someone with an extensive background integrating MES solutions in manufacturing.
This Opportunity: You will serve as Subject Matter Expert and trusted advisor with our team and customers to help drive full manufacturing site transformations with custom software and automation solutions in the IT/OT environment for global manufacturing facilities. Collaboratively, you will design, develop, and troubleshoot MES and automation architecture using a strategic approach of industry standards and focusing on building reusable, scalable solutions. This position requires a combination of manufacturing knowledge, technical consulting experience, and “hands-on” integration skills. You will provide design and configuration of computer system solutions in support of manufacturing supply chain, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), or manufacturing execution systems (MES), integration of ERP, and Quality Systems. You will also provide independent support to consulting, systems architecture, integration and solution optimization activities for both internal and external facing initiatives, including requirements gathering, feasibility studies, and preparation of reports, functional specs, upgrade assessments, and request for proposals (RFP).
This is a significant opportunity to expand your career if you thrive in a problem-solving, solutions-focused environment. Hybrid work schedule and relocation assistance provided.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline or equivalent in experience
- 7+ years’ experience in engineering in a leadership role
- Must have expert-level understanding of both manufacturing business process execution and computer systems architecture
- Experience with Ignition or other robust plant floor MES platforms and solutions
- Experience with Network architecture and common IoT solution design and communication protocols (OSI network layers, TCP/UDP, IP Packet, Modbus, MQTT, IO-Link, RS232/422, FTP, Telnet, LAN/WAN, etc.)
- Ability to identify and implement efficient paths of action to finish the assigned work
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including engineering, manufacturing and customers
- Excellent time management/organizational skills to multi-task with a variety of projects
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally (15-20%)