RedViking is looking for a skilled, traveling Field Service Controls Technician that is available in person and as a consultant to the operations team for servicing/support of RedViking equipment. This candidate needs to have experience working in an industrial environment. The Field Service Controls Technician may work alone or lead a team of any combination of RedViking and/or contracted resources. This candidate needs to have experience working in an industrial environment. This candidate must be self-motivated and resourceful at troubleshooting equipment and working effectively on prioritized breakdowns and issues. Here at RedViking, we design and build custom equipment used in the Automotive, Commercial, and Aerospace industries that assists our customer’s in the assembly and test of their products. This position will be responsible for supporting the repair and installation of our solutions.
- AS/AA in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Electrical Technology, Trade Certifications or equivalent experience in industrial manufacturing applications
- Experienced in design, execution, and modification of logic platforms;
- Siemens / AB PLC controllers
- Schematic reading and understanding
- 24v – 220v panel and system wiring
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Word, and Excel
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally per company travel policy durations
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment problems
- Basic mechanical interpretation, diagnosis, and repair a plus
- HPL cross-training / familiarity a plus
- Ability to represent RedViking in a professional manner in front of customers
- Well organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Our employees are front and center. We have little to no turnover and attribute our ability to retain employees on a culture devoted to innovation and transparency. With regular open book and town hall meetings, our leadership makes sure that everyone is on the same page about the company’s purpose, strategy, values, and goals. RedViking gives back by not only making sure manufacturing jobs stay in America but also taking care of our community with paid time off to volunteer. We balance hard work with a laid-back work environment that includes chili cook-offs, pancake breakfasts, company picnic, holiday parties, wellness programs and classes. Simply said, our employees like it here. Be a part of our winning team and culture.
We take care of our employees! We offer excellent insurance options including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage as well as flexible health and dependent care accounts, Health Savings Account, generous PTO, 401K match, bonus eligibility, extended hours and travel compensation, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus and free onsite wellness programs. Fridays are casual; we have an on-site cafeteria, dry cleaning, workout facility and game room.
Best and Brightest in Wellness Winner
Crain's Cool Places to Work Winner
Engineering Leaders < 40