For 40 years, RedViking has been winning with the world’s largest in Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Heavy Equipment, and other exciting industries. Our success starts with our employees.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to head up a team of talented Mechanical and Electrical strategic thinkers committed to solving complex engineering challenges across large-scale projects and multiple industries.
This role: Within our Manufacturing Solutions business unit, you will be responsible for assigning large-scale custom projects such as jet engine assembly lines, battery-free AGVs, custom specialty machines and process engineering. The Engineering Manager is the owner of the engineering process and tools as well as planning, management and capacity reporting within the business unit. You will coordinate resources and evaluate engineering performance to ensure that projects are completed efficiently, correctly, and on schedule. You will coach and mentor direct reports and ensure that the team has access to training and other professional development. Create an inclusive environment and hiring process assessing new talent and helping new hires feel at home. You will be responsible for the team’s technical capabilities and performance solving issues that arise and communicating with stakeholders as well as acting as an overall leader for the Manufacturing Solutions engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Thorough knowledge of automation, manufacturing of high-tech capital equipment, design for manufacturability as well as new production technologies and methods
- 10+ years in management, outstanding record of successful projects, strong leadership qualities, problem-resolution, analytical abilities and customer relationship management
- Experience managing the day-to-day activities of engineering teams including assignments, resource leveling, hiring, status reporting, budgeting and related activities
- Time management skills, ability to prioritize efforts based on ever-changing needs
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of an organization, ability to communicate technical direction to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to resolve program performance problems and be able to create solutions that expand and support business opportunities
- Understanding of engineering scope definition, technical requirements and proposal development
- Proficient with MS Office - Excel and Project Software, ERP a plus
- Strong influence-management, negotiation, leadership, and assertiveness skills
- Ability to travel approximately 15%
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future