Ready to work on Custom Manufacturing and Assembly Solutions that will shape the future of automation?
We pair some of the finest engineers with the latest technology and global leaders in Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Heavy Equipment, Electric Transportation, Solar, and other exciting industries.
Everything we do is project-based. You won’t do the same thing every day.
This role: Be part of our new multi-disciplined engineering team that will work on custom projects that will revolutionize large-scale assembly line design. Together you will bring customer concepts from the top floor to the plant floor with the newest technology and sustainability. You will participate in team and customer meetings to identify requirements, specs, and timelines and be involved in every element of the project from start to finish. Your role will be to design, develop, test and implement complex automated manufacturing systems. A good part of your role will be to create hardware and electrical designs with AutoCAD Electrical. At times you will write PLC code (Rockwell) from scratch or from an existing platform. Review mechanical solution designs to ensure feasibility from an electrical standpoint and ensure that all plans comply with electrical safety requirements. Relocation assistance is available.
What we are looking for:
- BSEE or in a related discipline or equivalent in experience
- 10+ years of electrical design experience especially with production and automation systems
- Plant floor experience required (controls production or maintenance support)
- Several years of PLC programming experience (Rockwell and/or Siemens)
- Knowledge of electrical safety codes and standards (NEC, NFPA, OSHA, ANSI)
- Strong hardware design skills such as panel layout/industrial controls, preferably AutoCAD Electrical
- Motion controls experience with different types of servo drives, and VFDs
- Solid MS Office skills
- Travel up to 20% domestically and not long term
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, upper management, and staff
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this role