Ready to work on custom, project-based technical solutions from start to finish?
Within our Dynamic Test Systems division, this role will put you front and center with some of the world’s best in aerospace, defense and automotive manufacturing.
What you will do: As Lead Controls Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to provide technical leadership for the entire life cycle of the project. This includes the design, development, testing, and implementation of custom test systems such as dynamic component test systems, drivetrain component test stands, helicopter blade balance stands/whirl towers, custom gearboxes and more.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the success of the project, participating in meetings to identify requirements, specifications, and timelines
- Construct proper PLC programs from scratch and to debug and enhance existing programs
- You will contribute to a small group of engineers to complete the development of the system
- Participate in team and customer meetings to identify requirements, specifications, timelines, and customer expectations
Overall, your role as a lead controls engineer for dynamic test projects will be challenging but rewarding. You will have the opportunity to work on complex and interesting projects and to collaborate with a talented team of engineers. Your contributions will be critical to the success of the projects and to the satisfaction of our customers. Hybrid works schedule. Relocation assistance is available.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in PLC programming with Rockwell and/or Siemens, with a focus on troubleshooting
- Experience with test systems, rotary equipment, and/or custom machines is a plus
- Motion controls experience with various servos and VFDs, with a preference for Siemens S120
- Knowledge of hardware design such as panel layout or industrial controls is required
- A strong understanding of power distribution and industrial networks
- Excellent communication skills and the motivation to go above and beyond to achieve project and customer goals
- 30% travel, includes local travel, additional compensation/perks with extensive travel
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities and ITAR regulations, sponsorship is not available