Ready to work on custom, project-based technical solutions from start to finish?
Within our Dynamic Test Systems division, this role will put you front and center with some of the world’s best in aerospace, defense and automotive manufacturing.
What you will do: This is a new role for an experienced Electrical Engineer to design custom controls and take projects from cradle to grave. You will team up with multiple engineering disciplines and work with stakeholders at all levels in team/customer meetings to identify requirements, specs, timelines and customer expectations. Work on a variety of projects such as dynamic component test systems, drivetrain component test stands, helicopter blade balance stands/whirl towers, custom gearboxes and more.
More about the job: You will build or take a concept and translate it into a design and construct proper PLC programs from scratch and/or debug or enhance an existing platform. We are looking for a strategic thinker with strong troubleshooting skills. Travel will be approximately 30% both domestic and international and we provide additional benefits and compensation with ongoing travel. Relocation assistance is available.
- BSEE or related
- 7+ years of PLC programming experience with Rockwell and/or Siemens with an emphasis on troubleshooting
- Experience working with test systems, rotary equipment and/or custom machines a plus
- Motion controls experience with various servos and VFDs. Prefer Siemens S120
- Hardware design such as panel layout or industrial controls required
- Strong understanding of power distribution and industrial networks
- Excellent communication skills and the drive to work above and beyond to meet project and customer goals
- Willingness to travel up to 30% locally and internationally
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future