Are you ready to work on machinery that no one else has designed and built? Everything we do is project based. You won’t be stuck doing the same thing daily.
You will create custom technical solutions for some of the world’s largest manufacturers in the aerospace, automotive, heavy equipment, and defense industries. Some recent projects include helicopter test systems, jet engine assembly lines, battery-free AGV’s, and leading-edge factory software to name a few.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for engineering. Your work will make a difference at RedViking!
Your day to day: As a key member of our engineering team you will provide project-based “cradle to grave” technical support for the design, development, testing, and implementation of automated manufacturing and test systems. You will construct PLC programs from scratch and debug/enhance others from existing platforms. Your input will be key as you participate in team and customer meetings to identify requirements, specifications, and timelines to meet or exceed expectations.
What we need you to bring to the engineering team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of programming experience with Rockwell and/or Siemens PLCs with an emphasis on troubleshooting
- Experience with automation systems used for manufacturing (i.e., PLCs, HMIs, Servo Motors, and Communication Networks)
- Solid understanding of electrical schematics and drawings
- Hardware design skills such as panel layout and industrial controls
- Solid PC skills with MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, upper management, and staff
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future