The Chief Mechanical Engineer will operate as a technical adviser to the Director of Engineering and Engineering Supervisor, and will provide overall mechanical, and technical direction, project guidance, technical approval of current projects, and technical guidance as requested on new proposals. The Chief Engineer will assist in directing engineering activities across multiple projects or programs within the engineering teams to provide technical oversight and engineering consistency as needed. You may approve project engineering mechanical designs and overall engineering technical direction. In addition, you will serve as a technical mentor to project assigned resources, project managers and cross functional team members. The Chief Engineer will assist with challenging engineering issues, and seek out areas to provide technical oversight within our project base, as well as develop and drive the use of design standards. You will contribute to and be required to approve machine inspection and validation requirements, and will understand, mentor, and drive within mechanical engineering design for manufacturing. Responsibilities will also include supporting department continuous improvement initiatives as requested by the engineering director.
- Organizationally reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Sets and approves the mechanical technical direction for projects.
- Reviews and technically approves the mechanical project internal scope of work.
- Assists and mentors project engineering on component and vendor selection for all mechanical project materials.
- Responsible for the mechanical technical project approval and specification conformance.
- Participates and technically supports external customer reviews.
- Technical Evaluation of customer specifications.
- Assists applications staff in the generation of proposals for future work including concepts, budgets, timing, and equipment descriptions.
- May be required to author technical publications, white papers, or give technical presentations as a subject matter expert.
- Provide or support new customer or sales technical presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field of study or equivalent years of experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, articulately and professionally.
- Must have appropriate schedule flexibility, sense of urgency, motivation and versatility to make a substantial contribution to the organization's success.
- Ability to interact positively and constructively with all team members while representing company in a professional manner.
- Willingness to work "above and beyond" in order to meet company goals.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.