Ready to play an integral role in the overall success of Custom Manufacturing Solutions for Automotive, Aerospace, Heavy Equipment, and Defense?
Work with our talented electrical and mechanical engineering team and liaise with our customers who may have a production issue, under-performing line, or empty lot. You will provide overall technical direction for the design and implementation of custom solutions such as equipment, a process, or a turnkey outcome that exceeds expectations.
You will be fully empowered to make decisions and drive improvements.
More about the position: As a technical mentor for Application Engineers, Project Engineers, and Subject Matter Experts you will play an integral role in the overall success of our custom solutions. You will guide electrical and mechanical design as well as software development and drive design for manufacturability. You will also mentor and train engineers to foster career growth and engineering capabilities. Work with our engineering manager to improve quality, analyze risk and drive cost savings. Design process audits for project teams and champion engineering standards (DFMEA, PFMEA, Safety Risk Analysis, Process, and Continuous Improvement).
What we are looking for:
- BS in Engineering or in a related field of study or equivalent years of experience in related field; minimum of 7-10 years in engineering
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, electrical controls, and mechanical engineering
- Understanding of new manufacturing technologies and methods in the field
- Strong leadership qualities and communication skills
- Prior management experience leading a team of engineering professionals
- Evidence of excellent problem-solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities
- Outstanding record of successful projects
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize efforts based on ever-changing needs and demands
- Must have appropriate schedule flexibility, sense of urgency, motivation and versatility to make a substantial contribution to the organization’s success
- Willingness to work “above and beyond” to meet company goals
- Ability to travel to other company sites as well as customer sites as required