Ready to play an integral role in the overall success of Custom Manufacturing Solutions for Aerospace, Defense, Heavy Equipment, Automotive, and other exciting industries?
Work with our talented engineering team and leadership to drive improvements while providing overall technical direction for design to optimize for manufacturability and implement custom solutions.
More about the position: Within our Manufacturing Solutions business unit, you will be a technical mentor for subject matter experts and engineers of multiple disciplines. Your role will be integral to the overall success of our custom solutions by driving mechanical design for manufacturability. Strong knowledge of manufacturing and material cost estimation, as well as tolerances essential. You will work closely with our engineering leadership to improve quality, analyze risk and drive cost savings as well as design process audits for project teams and also champion engineering methods such as DFMEA, PFMEA, Safety Risk Analysis, Process and Continuous Improvement. Mentor and train engineers to foster career growth and engineering capabilities.
What we are looking for:
- BS in Engineering preferably Mechanical or equivalent years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of custom automation, machinery, design for manufacturability a must
- 7+ years of engineering experience, including management
- Understanding of new manufacturing technologies and methods in the field
- Outstanding record of successful projects, strong leadership qualities, problem-resolution and analytical abilities
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize efforts based on ever-changing needs
- Must have appropriate schedule flexibility, sense of urgency, motivation and versatility to make a substantial contribution to the organization’s success
- Willingness to work “above and beyond” to meet company goals
- Ability to travel approximately 15% to customer sites
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the U. S. and will not require employer sponsored work authorization