Within our Manufacturing Execution Systems Division, the Web Developer will develop, test and release software from concept to customer releasable product. Work will be primarily directed towards the further expansion and refinement of our new Argonaut Manufacturing Performance Platform product. The successful candidate will participate in regular SCRUM meetings with the team, and utilize modern software development and release practices to enhance the product’s capabilities, performance and quality.
Argonaut is a Server-to-Plant floor application solution which delivers apps to users and equipment in a manufacturing environment. Error Proofing, Traceability, OEE and other functions are typical app capabilities. As such, we are seeking professional developers familiar with implementations of systems ranging from those build on modern web and mobile frameworks to traditional plant wide SCADA systems.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field of study, or equivalent experience in related field
- Demonstrable proficiency in at least one modern programming language
- Experience with developing in Angular or React.js type frameworks
- Experience using GIT, SVN or other collaboration and source control frameworks
- Experience with Relational (MSSQL, Oracle, Postgres) or NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB) Databases preferred. Other key-value stores, such as Redis also strongly preferred
- Experience with Cloud Deployments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Experience using and developing in Linux a plus
- Experience building and deploying container based (Docker, LXC, Rocket) or other deployment configuration management tools (Vagrant, Puppet, Chef) systems a plus
- Understanding and experience of proxies and load balancing (NGINX, HAProxy) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven team player with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and team members
- Must have appropriate schedule flexibility, sense of urgency, motivation and versatility to make a substantial contribution to the organization’s success
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated, with excellent time management skills