Are you someone that always dots your i’s and crosses your t’s? Everything we do is one-of-a-kind and custom, you will never be bored.
We are looking for a Documentation and Training Specialist to collaborate with engineering and manufacturing to produce high-quality documentation and training that provides our customers with an overall understanding of RedViking equipment including operations, maintenance, and calibration manuals.
Your day to day: Work with our engineering team to organize material and complete documentation projects according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Work closely with our operations team on a daily basis including engineering and build personnel to develop documentation and training objectives and ensure content matches those objectives to the highest standards and quality. Ensure that all content accurately reflects machine operation in order to drive productivity and understanding for our client. Create effective training outlines and visual aids based on equipment documentation and deliver high quality, on-site training about the operation and maintenance of RedViking custom testing equipment. Maintain up-to-date training schedules and ensure presentation of training is consistent. This role requires approximately 30% travel to customer locations (mostly Corpus Christi, Texas) to perform classroom equipment training in conjunction with our technical staff.
What we need you to bring to the engineering team:
- Associates Degree or higher with 3-5 years of technical writing or equivalent related experience
- Experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment a plus
- Expertise communicating and training in technical concepts in a variety of formats
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills, including the ability to create and deliver user-friendly training instructions and material containing screenshots, diagrams, charts, etc. to various levels within the organization, as well as to the customer
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle several complex technical tasks in parallel
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to grasp new information quickly and take ownership of training projects
- Proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Due to the nature of work performed in our offices, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements