You will be part of a small but growing IT team that will assist users in their day to day IT needs as well as assist the IT Manager in maintaining the overall environment. The candidate should be familiar with concepts surrounding deskside assistance and comfortable associating and interacting closely with the user base. The candidate will work closely with all departments to assist with their technology requirements and IT Administration needs. The ideal candidate will need to be proactive as well as have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Successful candidate will have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a closely-related technical field or appropriate experience.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in an IT environment.
- Certifications, though not required, should include A+, Network +, or Security +
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows workstation and Server environments
- Must be familiar with Active Directory concepts and user management
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to translate the needs of non-technical users into solutions as well as communicate effectively with non-technical personnel.
- Must be willing to learn as well as work outside your comfort zone
- Attention to detail is a key competency, including ability to recognize and fix data errors
- Physically capable of lifting IT equipment ( up to 50 pounds), install cabling, access tight spaces under desks, etc.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Residents and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position
- Familiarity working in an environment that uses Rockwell and Siemens software as well as supporting the use of CAD products such as Autodesk and Solidworks products is a plus