Do you have the qualities of a successful Supplier Development Engineer?
Our growth has allowed us to create this new role and opportunity for you to have a significant voice in how we qualify, develop and manage our supplier base. Are you up to the challenge?
Your typical day: You will be a key resource to ensure that supplier systems, processes and build capabilities meet RedViking intent and are compliant with custom design needs. You will develop new supply sources to improve cost competitiveness, process conformance and be the conduit between RedViking and the supplier. Additionally, you will further develop the supplier qualification processes and asses their capabilities to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost, and delivery. Create improvements utilizing supplier scorecards and supplier audit while driving problem solving and process improvement to deliver value. We will also rely on you to provide key metrics, reports and achieve goals within budget. You will team up with our engineering and manufacturing team to ensure supplier capability meets project requirements. We will also rely on you to contribute to continuous improvement activities including non-conformance management with root cause problem solving. We are not a mass production environment, we engineer one-of-a-kind technical solutions no one else can!
What we need you to bring to the team:
- BS Engineering Degree preferably Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial
- 4-6 years of experience with supplier quality/process in any combination of the following environments: mechanical engineering, manufacturing, machining or machine shop (please note, this is not a senior level role)
- Proficient with print interpretation, part measurement, gage design
- Knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of non-conformance management and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence, negotiate and develop relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up recommendations and develop business cases
- Ability to travel up to 30% (includes daily commutable as well as overnight travel)
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future