Are you ready to lead a dynamic and growing team of Software Engineers?
For over 30 years, RedViking has applied unparalleled expertise in leading-edge technologies and custom software to solve complex problems for our manufacturing and testing customers that others can’t or won’t.
You will be leading a team of dynamic and growing Software engineers. The team is focused on developing our Argonaut Manufacturing Performance Platform product. Argonaut is an exciting new platform designed by RedViking to facilitate a variety of manufacturing applications, such as tracking and traceability, error proofing and ERP/PLM integration to the plant floor.
Argonaut is based upon over 20 years of RedViking’s experience in MES systems integration, and our experience in deploying a variety of off the shelf and custom solutions. We primarily serve the discrete manufacturing markets, and together with our MES Integration team, deploy turn key solutions within a wide variety of customers.
In this role, the successful candidate will work daily leading our Software Engineering Team, consulting with internal and external customers, and keeping the teams focus on the long term goals for each project, and the long term build of the Argonaut product.
This role requires a technical individual to work with Integration teams to help build use cases, functional specification and estimate and plan work to complete projects. The software engineering manager will lead, mentor and grow our Software Engineering team to meet the growth plans for the business unit.
Day to day, the individual in this role is expected to primarily focus on the success of the team, coding or architecting no more than 20% of the time.
Skills and Experiences we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience, expertise and desire to build modern, typically web-based, applications.
- Experience leading technical teams, and building complex systems. Preferably in a Software Development related field.
- RedViking primarily focuses on modern manufacturing focused applications. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferable, but not required.
- Ideal candidate is comfortable working a project from the beginning, assisting and detailing the concept phase, through release, to deployment and support phases.
- Our main application stack is based around a core service, and related micro-services. We routinely develop solutions build with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications, backed by a PostgreSQL backend. Our main environment is Node.js, utilizing Angular.js or Vue.js for our front-ends. Supporting services and related projects have also recently been released which were written in Go, Python and Java. While the ideal candidate would be perfectly fluent and write glitch free code in any environment, this position requires proficiency and expertise in at least some subset of the aforementioned.
- Candidate with strong foundational Database knowledge is preferred.
- Experience or expertise in PostgreSQL or Oracle is strongly preferred. Ability and desire to collaborate with team to support and advise on the design and engineering phase to build and release of schema, stored procedures, views and queries would be very beneficial.
- Ability to collaboratively work within an agile team is a must. Experience and knowledge of working in version control systems (we utilize GitLab) is a must.
- Previous use and mastery of CI/CD tools is strongly preferred.
- Understanding and capability of using Docker, for both test and deployment, is required with at least basic level of understanding. Candidates with experience working with deployments to Docker Swarms or Kubernetes environments strongly preferred.
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems (SAP or other) is a preferred.
- Any controls system experience with Rockwell (ControlLogix), Siemens (S7) PLCs or CNC experience is a major plus.
- Working in or around manufacturing systems is preferred. Knowledge of SCADA systems, or other typical industrial hardware is not required, but is a preferred.