Do you find yourself still thinking about code at 5:01 p.m.? Are you ready to leverage new technology to make things better, faster and less expensive? We are expanding our software team!
For over 30 years, RedViking has applied unparalleled expertise in leading-edge manufacturing technologies and custom software to solve complex problems that others can’t or won’t.
What you will do: You will be a key member of our MES software group whose mission is to build impactful custom software, advanced analytics and MES expertise within manufacturing. You will apply your experience in programming and development across a broad spectrum of turn-key projects including data acquisition and system integration for our Fortune 500 customers. You will also work with our own exciting new platform Argonaut facilitating a variety of manufacturing applications such as tracking and traceability, error proofing and ERP/PLM integration on the plant floor.
Our main application stack is based around a core service and related micro-services. You will routinely develop solutions build with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications, backed by a PostgreSQL back-end. Our main environment is Node.js, using Angular.js or Vue.js for our front-end. Supporting services and related projects were written in Go, Python and Java. In this role, you will be involved in every element of each project from concept, design, programming, testing, deployment and support phases.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of development experience preferably in or around manufacturing systems
- A strong desire to learn new technologies
- Experience building modern web-based applications
- Proficiency with or at least a subset of the following: OpenAPI (Swagger), PostgreSQL, Node.js, Angular.js, Vue.js, Go, Python, Java.
- Database technology experience – prefer PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile
- Proficiency with version control tools such as GitLab required
- Previous experience with CI/CD tools desired
- Basic skills using Docker for test and deployment required, Docker Swarms or Kubernetes preferred
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems (SAP or other) preferred
- Controls systems experience with Siemens, Allen-Bradley PLC platforms or CNC a plus
- Knowledge of HMI/SCADA systems or other industrial hardware preferred
- Willingness to take on what’s needed to help the team and the company meet objectives