The Senior Mechanical Gearbox Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical design of specialty machinery for precision industries such as automotive and off highway power train or aerospace propulsion. The candidate will lead the design and build for all RedViking commercial gearbox systems. You must be able to apply engineering principles and formulas to designs and be able to explain and justify design decisions using engineering data. You will oversee all gearbox engineering and analysis for internal and external gearbox designs. Participation in team/customer meetings to identify requirements, specifications, time lines, and customer expectations will be expected. The ideal candidate will be able to specify and size mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment required for each application.
- Minimum of 7 years of mechanical design experience
- Strong GD&T skills
- Experience utilizing SolidWorks, and SolidWorks FEA simulation, KissSoft, and other 3D packages may be acceptable
- Experience designing high speed, high torque, rotating equipment, splines, gears, and related machines for laboratory and/or production equipment is required
- Ability to interact with customers and vendors in a professional manner
- Working knowledge and past experience pertaining to AGMA Standards, Critical speed and modal analysis for rotating systems, Dynamics of high speed rotating systems, and Material specifications including heat treatment and finishes