Find out why we are considered by many to have one of the strongest engineering groups in Michigan.
We have added a new position for a Senior Fluid Power Engineer to play a key role in hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication system design, test, evaluation and integration efforts for custom test machine applications.
What you will be doing: You will work closely with our project management team to assist with system requirement determination and documentation, system control plans, and power and instrumentation requirements. You will also perform required engineering calculations for component, pipe sizing, and selection, and participate on cross-functional development of circuits, and assist with all aspects of fluid power integration, troubleshooting, and service activities of custom machines.
What we need you to bring to our engineering team OR What we are looking for:
- BSME preferred or equivalent in experience
- Prior experience in a management or operations role desired
- Strong understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication systems and design
- General understanding of fluid power systems and integration on test equipment
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work independently and prioritize in order to meet the team goals
- Ability to engineer, calculate, size and determine fluid power components to be used on a specific application
- Understanding of fluid power schematic symbols, circuit design and development for machine tool applications a plus
- AutoCAD and drafting experience required, 3D SolidWorks experience a plus
- Overall fluid power system layout experience a plus
- Understanding of safety requirements and OSHA compliance standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position