Job Summary: The Safety Specialist Shall provide contractor safety briefs prior to the beginning of work and oversight during the performance of their assigned duties. This individual will develop and manage safe work practices and systems including policies and procedures, job hazard analysis, safety meetings, incident reporting and investigations, corrective action, safety training, and emergency response. Will assign work to contract personnel and ensure performance and compliance with regulations. Train in aspects ranging from proper tie in for fall protection to inspection of construction equipment upon use, OSHA guidelines, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health requirements. The Safety Specialist ensures successful completion of all aspects of the project. Additional related responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Safety Engineering, Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related safety degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 1 year of industrial hygiene/safety experience, preferably in a manufacturing/industrial setting
• Up to date with all training and regulations regarding OSHA and Federal Safety Requirements
• Working knowledge of Electrical Safety IAW National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70E, NEPA, OSHA 30 and 300 requirements
• Other skills include communications, teamwork, organization, leadership, problem solving, planning and computer skills
• Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position for access to classified information or matter
• This position may require an in depth background check which may include questions from the Government about personnel history, taxes, acquaintances, and family. Therefore relinquishing some rights to privacy may be required