Are you an analyzer, negotiator, and deal-maker? If so, we have created the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Agent to work closely with our Purchasing Manager as well as our engineering team to bring value to projects by fulfilling purchasing and pricing objectives.
Your day to day: Order parts and materials, issue purchase orders and maintain related documentation. Keep open lines of communication between vendors and suppliers to be certain materials meet quality requirements and are obtained accurately, timely, and at the best cost. Assist with cost containment through price and vendor data collection, analysis and management in order to provide key insights for actionable improvements to procurement. Update contracts and evaluate products on an ongoing basis in order to meet project needs and milestones. Act as a liaison between the team and suppliers in regards to the registration process and documentation management.
What we are looking for:
- Several years of experience in procurement, buying, quoting, cost estimating and analysis within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and the ability to learn other programs
- Experience with Epicor ERP a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, ITAR regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future