This individual will help create one of a kind engineering design solutions. Design and detail special machinery for precision industries such as aerospace, automotive, heavy equipment and defense. The Mechanical Design Engineer will apply engineering principals and formulas to designs and explain and justify design decisions using engineering data. Participation in team/customer meetings to identify requirements, specifications, time lines and customer expectations. Will also specify and size mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment required for each application and develop documentation and prints for equipment builds and vendor activity. This individual will collaborate with the mechanical build team as systems are built and will develop deliverable packages for the customer.
- 3+ years non-product based mechanical design experience utilizing SolidWorks and GD & T required
- Successful candidate will have a BSME or equivalent experience
- Experience designing production automation, assembly and test equipment, gages, fixtures and tooling
- Solid PC skill proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven team player and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, upper management, and staff
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position