Do your work days all feel the same? You’re in luck, we are looking for a jack-of-all-trades Maintenance and Repair Technician to work independently in a variety of areas daily.
What you will do: Perform repair work and general maintenance in our Engineering and Manufacturing buildings. Create repair solutions for minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and painting. You will also be responsible for the general upkeep of the building appearance, exterior grounds as well as order and stock basic café supplies. Other related duties as assigned.
What you need to bring to our team:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, vocational training a plus
- Several years of experience in overall building and grounds maintenance
- Valid Michigan driver’s license required, current chauffeur’s license preferred
- Experience using a variety of standard powered and non-powered tools required; must have own basic hand tools and box
- Basic skills and understanding of minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and general trades related to building maintenance and repair; knowledge of related safety practices and procedures
- Must be able to perform physical activities during the work day such as but not limited to, lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted, bending, standing, climbing, squatting and other similar actions
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time in order to complete tasks on a tight schedule
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented approach
- Self-starter and team player, ability to prioritize and manage multifunctional tasks
- Basic computer skills and experience desired
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position