We are looking for a leader that has expertise in Gearbox Engineering and is immersed in the latest Gearbox Engineering Technology and Industry Standards.
This is a new and autonomous role due to our growth, with the opportunity to further develop the scope and have a significant voice in how we improve our cutting edge gearbox test system designs.
Your typical day: As SME, you will support the engineering function by providing technical assistance to our project teams as well as our talented gearbox designers for the integration of geared systems into custom RedViking projects. You will serve as a primary point of contact for others on geared system engineering and development. This role oversees the use of engineering software tools, assists in the creation and presentation of technical documentation, directs design and build, promotes industry standards and best practices for modeling/design/assembly/inspection/validation, and maintains ongoing communication with all levels of RedViking as well as our vendors. You will consult with the procurement of gearbox systems and components, perform analysis of mechanical systems and support and participate in validation activities (ATP, Gage R&R, etc.). A key part of your role will include directing and mentoring gearbox engineers and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- BSME or equivalent years of experience in a related field and industry
- 15+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- 10+ years’ experience in gearbox engineering and design
- Proficient in writing, explaining and presenting technical concepts with depth tailored to the expected audience and in assisting in the generation of product/application documentation literature
- Working knowledge of AGMA standards, critical speed and modal analysis for rotating systems, dynamics of high speed rotating systems, material specification including heat treatment and finishes
- Excellent design, CAD, SolidWorks, and GD&T skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and collaborative technical leadership and teamwork skills
- ISO competency
- Passion about building state of the art custom equipment
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future