Are you ready to work on machinery that no one else has designed and built? We are looking for someone that has a genuine love of one-of-a-kind engineering to be the controls point person with our customer in Corpus Christi.
Your day to day: You will provide on-site electrical engineering support through diagnostics, design and engineering assessments related to the operations and maintenance of custom test equipment as a whole. Your role will include operational feasibility, solution development, system spec design, software needs assessment, electrical controls installation and start-up. You will also train, educate and advise designated personnel in all aspects related to the electrical systems of the equipment and will participate in regular design reviews of controls system status and issues.
What we need you to bring to the engineering team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5-7+ years of PLC programming experience (Allen Bradley SLC, CompactLogix, ControlLogix) with emphasis in troubleshooting
- Strong HMI programming experience (PanelView)
- Industrial network experience (EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, PROFIBUS)
- Experience with panel layouts, preferably AC power distribution, DC controls, encoders, analog and digital I/O
- FactoryTalk or WinCC experience required
- Siemens and Allen Bradley AC drive experience is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70 and UL
- Solid PC skills with MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, upper management, and staff
- Due to the nature of work we perform, applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position