Are you ready to leverage new technology to make things better, faster and less expensive? We are expanding our software team!
For over 30 years, RedViking has applied unparalleled expertise in leading-edge technologies and custom software to solve complex problems for our manufacturing and testing customers that others can’t or won’t.
A RedViking Chief Software Engineer will work within our Plymouth, MI based software team, developing our Argonaut Manufacturing Performance Platform product. Argonaut is an exciting new platform designed by RedViking to facilitate a variety of manufacturing applications, such as tracking and traceability, error proofing and ERP/PLM integration to the plant floor.
Argonaut is based upon over 20 years of RedViking’s experience in MES systems integration, and our experience in deploying a variety of off the shelf and custom solutions. We primarily serve the discrete manufacturing markets, and together with our MES Integration team, deploy turn key solutions within a wide variety of customers.
In this role, the successful candidate will work daily building new and exciting software products, delivering applications to the manufacturing space which match the user experience expected from typical consumer applications.
Expectation is that on a day-to-day basis, this individual will spend 50-70% of their time coding or building out solutions, and 30 – 50% of their time providing guidance though code reviews or merge requests and working with our sales and applications teams on new opportunities. This role is expected to advise on best practices and procedures, although not directly managing employee time and task management.
Skills and Experiences we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience, expertise and desire to build modern, typically web-based, applications.
- RedViking primarily focuses on modern manufacturing focused applications. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Ideal candidate is comfortable working a project beginning with the concept phase, through release, to deployment and support phases.
- Our main application stack is based around a core service, and related micro-services. We routinely develop solutions build with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications, backed by a PostgreSQL back-end. Our main environment is Node.js, utilizing Angular.js or Vue.js for our front-ends. Supporting services and related projects have also recently been released which were written in Go, Python and Java. While the ideal candidate would be perfectly fluent and write glitch free code in any environment, this position requires proficiency and expertise in at least some subset of the aforementioned.
- Candidate with strong foundational Database knowledge is required. Experience or expertise in PostgreSQL or Oracle is strongly preferred. Ability and desire to collaborate with team to work through the design and engineering phase to build and release of schema, stored procedures, views and queries is a must.
- Ability to collaboratively work within an agile team is a must. Experience and knowledge of working in version control systems (we utilize GitLab) is a must. Previous use and mastery of CI/CD tools is strongly preferred.
- Understanding and capability of using Docker, for both test and deployment, is required with at least basic level of understanding. Candidates with experience working with deployments to Docker Swarms or Kubernetes environments strongly preferred.
- Experience working with ERP/MRP systems (SAP or other) is a preferred.
- Any controls system experience with Rockwell (ControlLogix), Siemens (S7) PLCs or CNC experience is a major plus.
- Working in or around manufacturing systems is preferred. Knowledge of SCADA systems, or other typical industrial hardware is not required, but is a preferred.