Job Summary: The Applications Engineer will architect, describe, price and direct highly technical assembly and quality system projects at a concept level. This individual will gather all required information to architect complex machines and systems at a very high level. They will also cost estimate and describe systems in a technical manner in the form of a proposal document. Once the project is secured, the Applications Engineer will be responsible to kickoff and hand-off the project to a dedicated Project Manager and engineering team. This individual will provide direction and technical oversight to the project team based on the technical and financial details from the cost estimate and proposal. This individual will continue to be the customer liaison as needed.
- Successful candidate will have a BSME, BSEE or related technical degree
- 5+ years of experience with technical proposal writing and cost estimating in an industrial, manufacturing, automation or custom capital equipment environment required
- Must have high technical aptitude and ability to create and describe complex systems and machines at a concept level
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, set priorities and manage time
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, upper management, and employees at all levels
- Proficient with MS Office
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position