Find out why we are considered by many to have one of the strongest engineering groups in Michigan.
We are looking for a technical proposal and cost estimating pro. As Application Engineer within our Dynamic Test Systems Division, you will architect, describe, price and direct highly technical and custom test system projects. Your role will be vital to gathering all required information to engineer complex machines and systems at a very high level.
What else you will be doing: You will cost estimate and describe systems in a technical manner in the form of a proposal document. Once the project is secured, you will be responsible to create a technical spec summarizing the scope of the equipment and will kick off and hand off the project to a dedicated Project Manager and engineering team. Provide direction and technical oversight to the project team based on the technical and financial details from the proposal, concept design and cost estimate. You will continue to be the liaison for our customer as needed.
What we need you to bring to our engineering team:
- BSME, BSEE or related technical degree with higher level of experience
- 5+ years of experience with technical proposal writing and cost estimating in an industrial, manufacturing, automation or custom capital equipment environment required
- High technical aptitude and good problem solving ability in order to describe complex machines and equipment at a concept level
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Work independently and in a team environment, set priorities and manage time
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees at all levels
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position